Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce Without Dairy
This zippy cilantro jalapeño sauce without dairy can be used in a variety of different ways, from salads and grain bowls to wraps and on fish. Since it's vegan, dairy free, nut free and vegan free, you can be sure that no matter who you serve it to, its bound to please everyone!
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup water
Open the can of garbanzo beans. Drain and rinse well, discarding any loose skins
In a food processor or blender, combine the garbanzo beans, spinach, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and cumin. Blend until the incredients combine into a pasty consistency.
With the motor running start to drizzle in the water. Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
- This sauce is dairy free, gluten free, vegan and nut free.
- You can use either a food processor OR a blender for this recipe.
- You may want to use more or less water depending on your desired consistency.
- If you'd like a spicier sauce, you can leave the seeds and ribs in, or use an entire jalapeno.
- If you don't have a fresh lemon, you can substitute a fresh lime.